Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Face Painting!

This past Saturday, our neighborhood held an Ice Cream Social to promote community awareness and a chance to get to know each other. It was a lot of fun as there was ice cream to purchase which would help raise funds for a new neighborhood sign, a firetruck for the kids to sit in and spray water for the kids to run through, sidewalk chalk and a woman doing face painting.

Philip was really excited to have a Spiderman web put on his face. I was surprised when Braewyn asked for something too and then sat still as a statue while getting Bob the Tomato from Veggie Tales on her cheek. Philip asked for something else and so picked an 8 ball from her example page. I don't remember ever playing pool with Philip but I guess he just thought it looked cool. Bob the Tomato got a little smeared up into Braewyn's eyebrow before he dried.



4 comments:

*Jess* said...

I saw the sign when we were at Tracy's last. How fun! I wish they did that when we were there! I love meeting our neighbors.

Lori said...

Very cool web! They are looking much older (since our last time together). I am trying to get uncle Jonathan to look at his calendar so we can head your way soon.

Katie Turner said...

Just read your 7.16 post -- I'm so awed by your patience and spirt in this house process. Your house looks amazing! I can only imagine the frustrations that can come when you clean and clean and keep it "show ready" for no one to see it. Hang in there! I'm praying with you! And you are quite the inspiration for me because I know we will list ours soon and I'm currently thinking how am I going to get our before pictures to look as great as your after ones do! :)

Katie Turner said...

Oh yea -- and our blog is public again -- we have locked doors on our home now so I don't feel as risky having an open blog. here's the link: turnerstalent.blogspot.com