Monday, July 27, 2009

So Big, So Fast

Please continue to pray for J.B., Matthew's cousin Mollie's son. He is doing really well as far as gaining weight, and sleeping and eating, but the doctors who have seen him do not know for sure what is wrong. Mollie and Michael are told that his adrenal glands are not functioning normally and this causes problems with maintaining his sodium levels. He is on a daily routine of salt water and steroids which is keeping him normalized. All that being said, J.B. is just a beautiful baby boy who has two loving, adoring parents.


We visited with them a week ago. Philip really loved sitting silently beside me and stroking J.B.'s head. Braewyn was a little rambunctious so we had to watch her as she flipped this way and that on the couch right beside me holding J.B.

Seeing J.B. in person, I could hardly believe my two munchkins had been that size once. I am just in awe of the Lord's ability to grow children from tiny helpless infants to the energy-filled tiny tots I live with today.

Here is Philip during his first week at home.


And here is Braewyn during her first week at home.


And here they are on Matthew's Uncle Dennis' John Deere tractor during our recent visit to Kentucky.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

I think I met Mollie one time at your house? I'll be keeping her family and baby in my thoughts :)