Friday, July 10, 2009

Quick Recap

We spent the last week (Thurs., July 2-Wed., July 8) in Kentucky with Matthew's wonderful extended family. They have a pool and so both kids became quite brave little fish. Here's a general rundown of our family.

Matthew is enjoying his job, at least most days I believe, and praying daily for our house to sell.

I'm deliberating about potty-training Braewyn now or after we move. And that brings me to my other issue... daily wondering if our house will ever sell and trying hard (well, not as hard as I should) to keep it from slipping back into the messy state it was in prior to listing it on the market. The place looked amazing all of April and May. Now the yard is getting burned up by the heat, all the marks around the house I erased with the "Magic Eraser" are back, and little piles of clutter are beginning to grow. We should have taken that first low-ball offer, but... God's timing is perfect!!!

Philip is enjoying his summer and fully obsessed with Transformers. He did learn to swim a good bit more from taking swimming lessons again this summer. He tells the most interesting little stories, usually about Transformers, and is looking forward to school this fall. Today I ordered the curriculum we'll use as we homeschool for his K-4 year. I chose Hands On Homeschooling because each month has a key Bible verse, a different Bible story each week which ties into the verse, games with the letters and numbers, manners, physical education, social studies, crafts and even cooking. I hope to get the material in a few weeks giving me August to read through it before beginning at the first of September.

Braewyn is speaking more clearly every day and using longer sentences too. She doesn't seem too interested in potty training so I might wait until August. She has come to love her baby dolls and our out-of-service cell phones. Quite the little girly, girl. I believe she would love to wear a face full of make-up and pierced earrings if we would let her. For now, we're sticking with chapstick.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

I was wondering how you guys were doing!