Friday, July 31, 2009

A Moment to Treasure

This morning I saw Braewyn hit Philip. I asked her why she did that and she tapped her shoulder and said, "Bubba hit me." Well, I didn't see him hit her but I told them to hug each other and say sorry. They hugged and then Philip said the sweetest thing to her.

"We're married now, my love, my wife. And I won't forsake you."

Where do they hear these kind of things? It was precious. Philip is in that stage of wanting to play make believe relationships. Often he and I are boyfriend and girlfriend. Sometimes Braewyn is the mom (designated by Philip), he's the 8-year-old brother (that's big and cool to him) and I'm the younger sister. And occasionally, like today, he and Braewyn are married.

I tell him he really won't marry his sister, but that God will bring just the right girl for him one day.

Now if I can only get Matthew to begin speaking to me as romantically as Philip did to Braewyn!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Dylan loves Ella like that - it makes my heart so happy to hear them & see them love one another ... it was good to get to eat with y'all Friday night & for the kids to have the time to play together ... maybe we can do a play-date sometime (Ella, Phillip & Braewyn - Dylan starts 1st grade in a week!!)

xoxo