Monday, February 14, 2011

A Very Thankful Valentine's Day

Today was a great day as I cherished my family. Matthew is a wonderful, loving husband whom I thank the Lord for daily. He's the kind of man who works hard all day but will still come home and help me with dinner. He's changed diapers when Philip and Braewyn were babies and I know he will with our third little one. He loves playing hide-and-seek with the kids (to the point that they come get me because "We can't find Daddy!"). He surprised me at Christmas time by saying he would like to buy us tickets to a marriage seminar because he knew I would want to go... Kirk Cameron was the speaker (it was last Saturday and we did have a good time)! He helps get the kids dressed for church and makes sure they go find their Bibles before we leave. And he is getting quite handy in his hobby of woodworking.

With Chloe confined to the first floor of our house, the bottom of the stairs became our dumping ground for everything that needed to be returned upstairs. Matthew and I were both annoyed by the pile of junk that accumulated there everyday. Putting our minds together (and a 50% off sale on baskets at Michael's), we designed and he built our awesome new organizing shelf. Bottom basket is for shoes, middle basket is for Philip's and Braewyn's things, and top basket is for Matthew's and my things. I love it. Great job, sweetie!



And of course, we are all so thankful for the new baby Jesus has blessed our family with and will be welcoming home soon (two weeks to my official due date but we're hoping sooner!).



1 comment:

Lori said...

Sweet pics. I would have loved to photograph your big 'ol baby belly!

Love the shelf and basket-- that will be very helpful!