Monday, February 07, 2011

What They've Said

A few days ago I was telling Matthew about a magazine article I had read about giving children allowance starting at age 6. He said that Dave Ramsey encourages not giving allowance but instead assigning wages to certain chores. We were discussing this when Philip came in the room.

Matthew: Now that you're six, Philip, we could give you a way to earn money.

Philip: What? You're going to give me away to earn some money?

Matthew (and me): (Laughter!) No, we would never sell you!

----------------------------

Braewyn has been aware that many people are sick these days with the flu and such. I suppose she was feeling just a little run down this morning but she is not sick by any means. In her dramatic ways, she said, "I have coughs and bless you's." Adorable! The funny thing is that I hadn't heard her sneeze all day.

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

The other theory is that you *shouldn't* give kids money for chores because those should be expected to be done without getting paid, because they are a member of the family and need to help take care of the house. I see both points :) We give Jaina $1 a month for her age. So, she gets $8 a month. It takes her a LONG time to save up for stuff, which is perfect, because that's what we are trying to teach!

Whitlocks said...

I definitely laughed out loud at Philip's conversation. Hope you all are doing well. Looking forward to hearing about the new baby. He/she will be here before you know it.
-Katie