Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Philip's First Halloween

Well, from reading some other blogs and talking to friends, our Halloween wasn't the only one to go not as planned. Our church has a Harvest Fest on Halloween at which our ferrets have made an appearance for the last 4 years. Not thinking it through, I signed us up to have a Ferret Trunk (church members decorate their car trunks as the event is in our parking lot and the kids get to "trunk-or-treat" from car to car!). I also had high hopes as this was Philip's first Halloween and was excited for him to see all the festivities. In all the excitement, I forgot to take photos of our actual trunk, but I had this sign taped to Christmas lights which adorned our trunk.

Well (can you hear the sigh in my voice?), Matthew and I got tied down at our trunk introducing Griffin and Samson to many kids and adults who thought it was just great to pet a ferret, many for the first time. Luckily, Philip was rescued by his loving Grandma Ruth Ann, who took him around the rest of the festival. She came back after an hour or so saying Philip had a wonderful time singing and dancing (bouncing) with "The Skittles" (i.e. our pastors dress-up like the Wiggles and lip-sync their songs!), watching the kiddie rides, and showing everyone his costume. I was so upset I had missed my son's first concert due to my "not-my-babies-anymore" ferrets. Needless to say, Matthew decided the ferrets are retired from the Harvest Fest gig so we can enjoy Halloween with Philip next year.

Since my mom didn't come out for Halloween, I dressed Philip in his giraffe suit on Tuesday for her radiation treatment. The nurses and other patients all gave a big smile when they saw the baby giraffe strolling through the cancer center.

2 comments:

Casey Wallace said...

Philip makes an adorable giraffe!!!!

Lori said...

SOOOO cute!!! I have a very precious nephew!