Monday, February 13, 2006

Additional Prayer Requests

My mom is doing somewhat better, but since my last blog post about her somehow disappeared from my site let me update you. She had her catheter removed about two weeks ago now. Her body seemed to respond well, but then the urologist realized that her bladder was not emptying all the way. This was highly upsetting to hear, but we all helped Mom get through the following week. Dad, Mom's two sisters and I all helped to catheterize her at different times. Her sister Cindy who stayed all last week with her, lovingly encouraged Mom to try catheterizing herself so she wouldn't feel so dependent on all of us. She is now able to handle it herself and has to drain her bladder every four hours so as to keep it from being overextended again (as was the original problem in the hospital). Her bladder muscles are slowly contracting back into place and will soon be able to function as normal. Please continue to keep Mom in your prayers for her bladder to fully recover and also for her spirits as she continues to fight bouts of depression.
Secondly, I ask for you to remember my sister-in-law Lori and brother-in-law Jonathan. If you've been reading my blog for sometime, you know these are Philip's precious cousin Hannah's parents. Lori suffered a miscarriage last Thursday. As they have been praying for a second child, it was upsetting to all of us and emotionally and physically hard for Lori. God has covered this family in His grace and love in an almighty way. His glory is clearly seen by reading Lori's words about the experience. Lori, you have inspired me so much to continue growing in my own relationship with our Lord. Thank you.

No comments: