Friday, April 07, 2006

Spring Break at the zoo

Our youth pastor Jason set up an activity each day for our students who didn't go anywhere for Spring Break. Great idea!! Yesterday, Philip and I joined the students for a trip to the zoo. It was nice to get out of the house, good for Philip to be around the students from church (he rarely is), and fun for me to form stronger friendships with them too.

Rokel, Sara Beth, Brittany, Julie (left to right). Rokel and Brittany are sweet girls I've gotten to know while chaperoning trips in the past. Julie and I are becoming great friends through church and being in BSF together.
Philip gets hugs from our youth pastor's daughters, Sara Beth and Brittany. If someone didn't know, they might think he was their little brother!


Here's Jason just before he started handing ice cubes to the great ape behind the fence. It was scary seeing the ape take the ice right from his hand. Guess the ape was hot that day too!



Philip enjoyed the Preschool Playarea at the zoo. This was his first springy-animal ride-on thing! What would you call those?


Look at that beauty! Yes, the cheetah in the background is nice too. I actually didn't realize how good this photo came out until I uploaded it to the computer.

2 comments:

Len and Carrie said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! I can't wait to take the girls! What fun!!
~Carrie~

Lori said...

I linked to your blog this morning and was overwhelmed with all of your updates! Haha! It looks like you have been busy--but fun busy. I am glad that you had fun visiting with your mom's relatives, and that she was able to travel. Sounds like the zoo was a great experience too! Philip is a cutie!!!