Friday, October 13, 2006

Our Night at the Fair

I have always loved the fair. The lights, the food, the carnies! Many people give the fair workers an unfair rap (some of them may live up to it), but honestly, none of us could ever enjoy the fair without their hard work. Enough soapbox, we just got home from the fair which comes through our town each October and I had a blast! Matthew is not much of a fair fan but thankfully, he obliged my wishes for this year to be Philip's first trip to the fair. The pictures aren't the best, but you'll get the idea.


Riding on Daddy's shoulders is the best way to see the fair!


All strapped in for the first ride! Most of the kiddie rides had a 36" requirement. Since Philip is only 32", he could only ride the ones we were allowed on too.
Philip was dancing to the music while waiting for our funnel cake. I didn't mean to dress him like a little thug. Thought he should wear his hat to keep his head warm but backwards so he could see everything!


Enjoying the fair-must-have funnel cake. It was the main selling point I used in getting Matthew to agree to go. Yum!

Meeting a horse. Now that Philip knows most farm animals by name and knows their sounds too, I was excited for him to see them up close and personal.



Meeting the cows.

Philip's other ride of the evening was the baby Teacups with Mommy. These were my favorite as a child too. This time I just kept my eyes on Philip and it wasn't too bad. Looking out around me was just a little too much. Philip on the other hand was taking it all in and by the end was looking a little woosy. He asked to ride practically everything we walked by, even the ones Matthew probably wouldn't even ride. I think we have a little daredevil on our hands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun at the fair. Philip is too cute in his backwards hat. I am quite jealous that you are all wearing long sleeves and pants. Not when you come down here for Thanksgiving!!!

Len and Carrie said...

So cute! Looks like ya'll hada great time. It seems like Philip did really well on the rides. We didn't try the rides with the girls.....the lines were way too long! Maybe next year!