Thursday, September 29, 2005

Updates...

First the bad... My mom has been to the hospital three times this week for tests. It is just all routine things which you must have before starting chemo and radiation. Just the same, most have been uncomfortable if not painful. It makes me so mad that she has to endure all of this. I do believe the Lord had this in His plans for her and she will be stronger in the end because of it. He will get us all through this, but it's part of the acceptance process to feel angry and I guess I'm there now. I do pray for strength as Monday I'll start going with Mom to her treatments each day at 3:00pm. She was told to bring someone with her in case she feels sick afterward. I don't mind being there for her as I told her to think back to ALL the times she sat in the doctors' offices with me growing up. It will be hard seeing my mom feel weak and maybe sick. We'll get through this and by Christmas, she'll be well on her way back to full health!!!
Now the good... We have a tooth! Well, it's just a small white line in Philip's bottom gum, but it's confirmation that there are teeth in that munchkin head. He's had a beautiful toothless grin for 8 months (or as long as he's been able to smile), but teeth mean being able to eat normal food one day with the rest of us. No more B.B.F.F.!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There!
I am so glad that your mom is going to be ok although it makes me so sad that she has to go through all this pain to "get better". Please know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers.
On a positve note.....Yeah Philip! Gracie has 4.5 teeth and Caroline has 2.5. I say half b/c they are making their way through! Be sure to buy lots of Tylenol & Orajel. I am not trying to scare you but the girls have a really hard time when the tooth is first coming through.....but then again all babies are different!! Sorry for the ramble!
Sending our love!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I talked with your mom today and she told me about this page. Great job! Know that my church is praying for all of you in this time of trial and that we love ya'll and are here when you need us!

The Waldrep's