Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas, Christmastime is Here!

Even though Philip will not remember his first Christmas, I wanted it to be extra special just for him! Christmas is only four days away. It seemed to come extra fast this year. I suppose going with Mom to treatments through mid-November and the day-to-day routines of a stay-at-home mom kept me from getting an early dose of Christmas spirit. No worry! I have plenty of Christmas spirit now as I'm always checking the holiday TV schedule for any specials and listen to the "All Christmas music through Christmas day" radio station! Matthew even said ok to us watching "It's A Wonderful Life" while we wrapped our presents last Saturday night. Not to overlook Jesus during this busy time, Mom, Dad, Matthew, Philip and I visited Bethlehem last Friday night. A local church puts together a drive-though nativity village. Philip got a wave from one of Herod's guards, saw a camel, and saw baby Jesus and his parents in the stable. It was really nicely done.

We finally have our house decorations complete as of Saturday afternoon. I don't mind doing them late as they will stay up through mid-January when my grandparents will be in town for Mom's operation. Hopefully our live tree won't be shedding all its needles by then.

Here's the outside of our house. We have "gutter guards" so I improvise every year as how to hang the icicle lights!

Philip is held by so many people that he didn't mind Santa at all! He didn't have a clue, but I was so excited.

Here is Philip sitting under my parents' tree. More pictures to come of this little outfit as I bought a matching one for his cousin Hannah. They will be so precious together. She and her parents will be here in two days!! Yippee!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Everything looks wonderful, and Philip is precious! Hannah didn't meet Santa this year. Maybe next year. I am packing, packing, packing! Can't wait to get on the road tomorrow!