Thursday, December 15, 2005

Winter Wonderland

Our first winter storm of the season arrived today -- ICE!! It's really pretty but makes the roads so dangerous. At least with snow it's still pretty but people can still get around a little. The worst thing is that the ice makes the trees so heavy they snap, pull down power lines and leave people without electricity. Somehow God planted us in a neighborhood that rarely loses its power - Thank You Lord! My parents and my mother-in-law both have been without power today and are now sleeping in the cold. Both were offered warm beds here (I even made a sign, "Welcome Ice Storm Refugees!"), but both turned us down for the comfort of their own homes. Not sure if the offer stands tomorrow as I'm scheduled to have another sleepover for my 9th Grade Sunday School girls! No room at the inn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad y'all still have power! The Parkers lost power and they too chose to stay in their cold house overnight even though we invited them to stay here. I'm happy to hear you are staying warm.