Thursday, February 01, 2007

Philip's 2 year check-up stats

Philip's check-up was on Tuesday so last night I felt bad about forgetting to post about it and giving all the details of Baby Sister's appointment. His pediatrician said he is looking great. I told her I am so blessed to have a healthy child as I have friends who have children with serious things going on with them. I do praise Jesus daily for Philip's health and just how smart, sweet and funny he continues to be.

Anyway at the appointment we found out that Philip is still proportionally petite: weight 25.1 lbs (15%) and height 32.9 inches (15%); but that he still has a big head at 19.6 inches (75%)! It's all those brains he inherited from his Daddy! I was told his vocabulary is excellent which his doctor could notice for herself. In the middle of her questions, he just shouts out "Dr. Shelly!" She thought it was great that he knew her name. He also told her who was in Mommy's belly, "Baby Sister!"


I always feel like doctors are trying to get you to say something wrong so I'm relieved when I hear "Philip looks to be right on track." She also gave me comforting advice in saying that 2 1/2 is the magical age for potty-training (it just clicks for most kids then) and for Philip that's the middle of summer (perfect time for running through the house in just a shirt!). However, we're still visiting the potty a couple times a day because I'd LOVE for him to be training before our daughter is born. Dr. Shelly also said that most people find bringing the second child home is a lot easier on the first child than expected. She did advise that we make Philip feel a big part of it (say she's his baby and ask him to get things for her and even help bathe her) and to change his life as little as possible. Thank the Lord we have our little man on a pretty regular schedule. The hard part will be in us sticking with that schedule.
Just to share his cute personality and imagination, here is what happened just before naptime today (also I never want to forget it!). Philip was lying on the livingroom floor with a throw pillow as he does a lot of times. This time the pillow was on top of him (on his back) so I put my foot on it and gave him a gentle shake. He smiled and as I walked to the couch, I heard him say something. I looked back and said, "What did you say?" "I'm a TURTLE!" he said and began crawling with the pillow on his back! It was so precious. One of those moments where I wish my house was wired with cameras like the Big Brother show so I could have everything on tape!

No comments: