Thursday, November 08, 2007

Holden Christopher Allen is here!

On Tuesday, my sister-in-law Andrea went for another baby appointment. As I last said, her OB said if she was at 2 cm. on Tuesday, she would be induced on Friday. She wasn't there so they were going to hold off until Monday. Well, God and her baby had other plans as her water broke around 9:00pm that night.

My brother Mike called Mom at 11:00pm Tuesday night telling her they were at the hospital. Andrea progressed through the night and received an epidural around 6:00am when she was close to 5 cm. Mom heard from Mike that she was at 8 cm at 9:30am on Wednesday morning. Finally at 12:45pm, Mom called saying her second grandson had been born just before that.

Holden Christopher Allen was born at 12:26pm on Wednesday, November 7, 2007! He weighed 7 lbs. and was 19 inches long. Mom told me his weight and length, but I told her not to tell me his name as I wanted Mike to tell me himself as they had kept the name a secret until the baby's birth like we did with our kids. Mike told me that they picked their son's name to be Holden as Mike has always liked "The Catcher in the Rye" and that's the name of the main character and Christopher to represent their faith as it is derived from Christ. Another awesome thing is that after Andrea's OB delivered Holden's head and shoulders, he let Mike pull the baby out the rest of the way! Go Mike in being a hands-on daddy!

Andrea's parents were at the hospital most of yesterday during her labor and delivery and for a few hours with Holden afterwards. My parents are on their way now to spend the afternoon with their new grandson and his parents. And my family will finally meet our new nephew and cousin on Saturday as we'll drive to Mike and Andrea's house to spend a few hours.

Andrea did tell me that Holden has long dark hair so it will be cute seeing him with his blonde cousin Philip. And also cute to see how big Braewyn looks compared to Holden as she always looks so small compared to Philip. Can't wait to post a photo of my kids with their newest cousin!!

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

Congratulations, Aunt Kim!!

Lori said...

Congratulations Mike and Andrea (and Aunt Kim and Uncle Matthew). I look forward to pictures.