Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sick Boys

This week has been hard as Philip has been sick since Sunday. He woke up with a cough and barely any voice. After his nap that day, he had a fever of 101F. Tylenol that night before bed. Monday he played most of the day, but by 5pm was sluggish and had those tired, watery, red eyes which make me just want to stop everything and cuddle with him on the couch. He went to bed at 9pm, but woke up crying at 10pm because his throat was painfully dry (dumb me left the space heater on in their room without running the humidifier). Matthew held him in our bathroom while the shower filled the room with hot steam. Philip felt better after a few minutes and we put him back to bed, this time with the humidifier pumping out cool, moist air.

Yesterday, he was a little more run down and seemed to cough more throughout the day. His fever returned slightly (around 99F) and then late afternoon, he again looked all worn out. He did perk up as the "jewelry lady" arrived. I hosted a Premier Designs jewelry party and it was funny yet a tad frustrating as to how bad Philip wanted to touch all the jewelry displayed over my dining room table. Overall, he was very well-behaved and I thank you, Matthew, for taking care of our two in the bedroom once the party started. Great job, sweetie!

Today, I called our pediatrician early this morning to ask if I should bring Philip in. Once they finally returned my call at noon, I was told to just give him extra love and support, saline drops for congestion and to elevate his head. I suppose we just tough it out (unless his fever returns and gets much higher). At 4:20pm today, he woke up crying from his nap with that stinging throat again. Back to the steamy bathroom we went where he ate a popsicle! He and Braewyn are now asleep in their room, but I've heard him cough off and on and took some warm tea in for him to drink after a bad little spell. My poor sweet Philip.

Oh, I titled this as "Sick Boys" because Matthew came home from work today with a sore throat, headache and cough. I pray he'll get better soon too, but at least he doesn't do the heartmelting cry when his throat is hurting.

1 comment:

Jo Ellen said...

Kiley does.

Hope Pip is better soon!