Thursday, September 04, 2008

Caught up in Decision '08!!



A few weeks ago, I told myself that I wanted to see how I felt if I went to bed at 10:00 pm every night for a week. It hasn't happened. That was in the middle of the Olympics and all the best stuff started at 10:00pm but to the time difference between here and China.

Tonight, I just finished watching John McCain's Republican Nomination Acceptance Speech. Most people don't know that I minored in Political Science at college. Politics and world affairs have always interested me, but there's nothing more exciting than United States Presidential election time. I was so ready for the Primaries to be over with the major overkill of negative campaign ads. This is when the exciting stuff starts. The last two weeks I've been up late (again) watching bits of the Democratic and Republican National Conventions. There is so much hype and comparisons. It's a media frenzy but at the heart are people in line to really change this country (as opposed to media frenzy following Hollywood celebrites which I like too but know is pointless!).

I will say I have always voted Republican and after seeing last night and tonight's speeches from Gov. Sarah Palin and Sen. John McCain, I pray our country will fall under their leadership. They are each such real people who happen to live extraordinary lives. They seem to be genuinely concerned about things which concern the regular people of America. We'll see what happens over the next two months. Wow, two months to the day! I wonder how late I'll be up that night!

No comments: