Monday, August 24, 2009

Busy, Busy

The grass is always greener is something I'm relating to rather well these days. All my griping about keeping the house tidy during the months when we aniticipated showings is looking rather appealing. Well, not the griping but the absolute tidyness of the place. With the contract came a feeling of relaxation about the housework. I am still much more on top of things than I was before we listed the house and actually I could get it "virtual tour" ready in probably three hours or less. There's just a lot floating around in my head making me feel crazy with our home schooling starting next week, MOPS and BSF starting the following week, the desire to deep-clean the house in the next three weeks (I was brought up with the mindset of leaving a place better than you found it and since we bought this house brand new I at least want to make it as clean as I can), and the underlying excitement / nervous energy surrounding making an offer on a new house, waiting to see if it is accepted, having a home inspection done, and going to closing praying that everything will fall into place.

All that said, we're going for a second look tonight at our two favorite houses. Matthew and I are in agreement leaning toward one of the two houses, but I look forward to hearing what Rappy and my Dad have to say about the two properties. I'm looking forward to posting photos of the one we choose! Today at lunch Matthew said, "One month and four days until we move!" Yipee! That will be the true countdown if our closing does occur on September 28.

1 comment:

Woody said...

Definitely an answer to prayer for the house. Sorry you had to go through the popcorn thing with Braewyn!