Friday, August 07, 2009

Praising God No Matter What

Last night we had a showing for our house. Around 1:00pm yesterday, I got the call that a realtor would like to show our house between 7:00 and 8:00pm. Plenty of time to get the place ready albeit also go into obsessive compulsive mode wanting the place to be perfect. Praise be to God, it basically was! I wanted it to look at least as good as it does on the virtual tour so that the family would find it as they were expecting to.

Hopefully we'll hear something today either via the Centralized Showings website where the realtor who showed our house can leave a comment or by our own realtor giving us a call. Of course, I'm trying my best not to run around the house singing, "Let this be the day we get another offer!" Yes, that's what's going on in my head, but there are also other thoughts. My house is pretty much spotless and it's a WONDERFUL feeling. It is encouraging to know that I've come to a point where cleaning my house is something I now desire to do. If we hear today that the family thought our house was nice but not exactly what they were looking for, I'm still blessed by my hard work and WE can enjoy the loveliness of it ourselves. I thank my Lord for creating in me character through this process of hoping and waiting.

We'll see what comes today or in the weeks to come.

1 comment:

Woody said...

Praying for you, Kim! God answers little and big prayers.