Friday, March 30, 2007

Week 34 OB check-up

After an hour of waiting and five minutes of seeing the doctor, we were told that I'm now considered just a regular OB patient. No longer any special monitoring for preterm labor. That was a relief but it also means that if I go into labor at any point, we're having the baby! At 34 weeks, the baby is strong enough to be born with little or no NICU support. However, I'm still taking it easy because even having to leave her at the hospital for 2-3 days would be horrible. When I leave the hospital, I want to have her strapped in her little carseat with us! Anyway, I now begin having check-ups weekly until she's born (that's just a maximum of 5!!).

I'm feeling pretty good. Nights are hard as it takes serious manuevering to get up out of bed to use the bathroom. Getting a little anxious about the labor and delivery as you never know exactly how it will go. Matthew and I are both set on tracking down our L&D nurse from Philip's birth because she was so reassuring and calming. You can begin praying now that she'll be working the day we go in.

Next week is Spring Break for our school system. It really doesn't affect us as Matthew still goes to work and Philip really doesn't know what day of the week it ever is. However, it's my goal to work hard and get Philip on a fun yet rigid daytime schedule (i.e. breakfast, tv, get dressed, outside playtime, book time, Mommy & Philip playtime, lunch, nap, toy play time, dinner, time with Daddy, bathtime, book time, prayers, bedtime). I'm going to type up the schedule and post it on the refridgerator. This schedule was adapted from the book On Becoming Toddlerwise. I will just feel more comfortable to welcome our daughter into the house if Philip feels like he knows what should happen from day to day. If he's on a schedule, I think the baby will be easier to handle too. This could all blow up in my face and I'm not denying that we will need a few weeks to figure everything out. I've just gotten lazy the last few weeks and Philip and I get pretty restless around the house in the mornings. Maybe a schedule will help.

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

I read the book. I am sure you already know how I feel about it!

http://www.breastfeeding.com/reading_room/ezzo.html

Len and Carrie said...

I can not belive you are already 34 weeks, the time has flown by (well for me anyway, lol).
Hang in there! I can't wait to see the pics of your new family!!

~Carrie~