Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Clean Bill of Health

Thank you so much to all friends and family who prayed for me this morning. My colonoscopy went well and my doctor said he did not find any polyps. Thank you, Jesus! I can now rest easy for five years and know that I'm not crazy for wanting to keep on top of this as my doctor recommended I come back in five years. Aside from feeling cleaned out, the best part of this procedure are the comments I make in my pre-colonoscopy nervousness and post-colonoscopy drugged state.

Before hand I told at least one nurse and my doctor, "I ate green jello last night so I hope my insides are not green. If they are, that's why."

Afterwards as I was coming around from this awesome anesthesia (Jo Ellen, how badly did I spell that?) which knocks you out in less than 5 seconds and then wears off in about 15 minutes, Matthew tells me I said this to the SAME nurse FOUR times as she came in and out of my recovery "stall" (I wasn't in a room but more of an alcove behind a curtain but everyone is put in that kind of "room"). "I have two preschoolers at home. I'd love to just stay here for the rest of the day and sleep." There's deep truth behind something you say FOUR times!!!

5 comments:

Jo Ellen said...

I love the post-anesthesia comments!!! True dat! You spelled it correctly, BTW. I couldn't sleep last night so I was praying for you as late (early?) as 2AM, just in case you wanted to know.

*Jess* said...

Whew!

and LOL at your jello and sleep comments!

Casey Wallace said...

Glad to hear it went well, Kim!

Len and Carrie said...

I am so glad that everything checked out ok! In spite of my hectic day yesterday I was thinking about you and checked your blog several times but just didn't get a chance to post. I think it is great that you are "hypochondriac" and that you are proactive!

Lori said...

Glad to hear it went well. Hopefully you are feeling back to your normal not anesthetized, happily full colon self.