Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I have a FOUR-year-old!!!!

Last Thursday (the 22nd), Philip celebrated his 4th birthday!! It has gone so fast and I am continuously amazed by the wonderful boy God is shaping before my eyes. We have such great fun together, and I so enjoy his inventive stories. I am likewise being shaped by God as I try to discipline Philip daily so that he might grow into a godly man.

Although Daddy was far away at Disney World for a work conference last week, I wanted Philip to have a special birthday dinner. We invited over Grandma, Aunt Elise, Nana and Papa. I decided to pour the cake batter into my Bundt pan thinking I wouldn't have the two layers as I normally do to ice. Upon icing the round cake with chocolate frosting, I realized the cake was perfect. Philip's favorite snack are chocolate doughnuts, and now he was getting a HUGE one for his birthday.



Grandma gave Philip this very appropriate new ballcap. And look at those baby blues!



On Saturday, we had his "friend party". Since seven little girls happened to be the only guests at his party last year, this year we decided to only invite boys. It was a hit. They each came dressed in a superhero costume (as was suggested on the invitation). We played Red Rover, ate pizza and cupcakes, and attempted to smash into a Transformers pinata. The pinata was not scratched by the boys' bat hits and then the ribbon pulling which was supposed to open the hidden secret trap door didn't work either (I think the candy I used was too bulky). Therefore Matthew kicked the side of it off and the candy then fell to the floor causing all present to shriek (me, from almost getting a pinata in the head as I was standing right in front of it and not knowing Matthew's intentions!!).





And here's Philip feeling very proud after completing his new wooden dinosaur model with help from Daddy. Thank you, Hannah and Madeline!

1 comment:

Len and Carrie said...

Awww....Happy Birthday Philip!!!