Monday, January 12, 2009

Feeling Good but Hungry

I'm pretty calm about tomorrow's procedure. It really must be the prayers I've requested from friends and family. And probably also the fact that I'm STARVING! Now I just want the colonoscopy to be over so I can eat something. My heart really goes out to people who have gone through medical issues which kept them from eating for an extended amount of time (Mom and Jessie are who I think first of). Today I've had a mug of hot tea (no milk so it didn't taste quite right), a mug of chicken broth, 2 servings of Jello at one time (a box makes 4 servings and I ate half of what was in the bowl I made it in), a glass of white cranberry peach juice, and at 2:30pm, 4 Ducolax laxatives. At 4:00pm, I begin drinking 8 ounces every 15 minutes of a lemon-lime Gatorade and Miralax concoction until all 64 ounces are down the hatch. Interspersed during that drinking process, I'll begin going to the bathroom, a little at first and then a lot towards the end. When I had my first colonoscopy , I remember thinking that last cup of Gatorade went in one end and immediately out the other.

Sorry if this was too much information. It's honestly not a bad process at all and I do remember thinking last time, "I might just do this every other year just to clean out my insides."

I did get a call from the outpatient nurse today and I am to report tomorrow morning at 8:45am. Thank you, Lord, for letting me have an early appointment so I can come home and EAT something!!

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

Ducolax and miralax are common staples in my house! I'm glad that you feel at peace about today. I'm thinking of you!

Jo Ellen said...

I thought about you last night with all of the preps you had to do the other day. Why, you ask? Bc I had a 300+ pound bed-ridden patient I had to prep for 1 during the night.