Saturday, October 15, 2005

Tub Troubles

Philip's favorite thing in the world is to stand on his feet. This has created a problem at bathtime. Recently at the end of his bath, I have pulled him to his feet in the tub and let him stand and touch the faucet. Well tonight, he was determined to skip the bath process and go right to standing up. I stripped him down and sat him down in the tub as always. From the moment I began wiping his face with the washcloth, he was pulling on my arms trying to get his feet under him. I said, "We have to sit, baby, and get clean." "No, Mommy!" would have been his answer if he could speak. I put one hand on his back and the other grabbed his ankles (gently, of course) to sit him down. That little body stiffened up as straight as he could be!! Finally I was just laying him flat into the water with my arm behind his head trying to wash his body. I got him to sit long enough to suds up his hair because he couldn't get hold of my hands. Crazy little man. :) Guess it's time to read Dr. James Dobson's "Bringing Up Boys" and "Dare to Discipline." A friend told me it's never too early!

2 comments:

Lori said...

It starts early! I also reccomend To Train Up A Child by Michael and Debi Pearl and Child Training Tips by Bradley. These both offer Biblical approaches to child training.

Lori said...

Ok, I know how to spell "recommend." This thing won't let you edit once you've published. Haha.