Friday, October 07, 2005

What a week!

Mom's first week of treatment is almost over! She's done alright, but unfortunately, this is something which continues to build up in the form of fatigue and other side effects. Philip and I accompanied her Monday - Wednesday. He was such a good baby, but by Wednesday, he was one tuckered out little boy. While Mom was receiving her radation that day, I pushed him in his stroller around the fountain in the relaxation garden. Round and round we went and after a few laps, he was enjoying a peaceful nap lulled to sleep by the fountain and motion of his stroller. Wish I had had my camera. Mom is beginning to feel very tired after leaving the center each day, and is having a hard time adjusting to the idea of putting life on hold for the next few months. Anyone who's had something like this or even mono, knows that when your body requires you to slow down, you start feeling like you'll be sick forever. Mom, look how fast Philip grew to 8 months old. You'll be able to chase him around before you know it! Today starts a busy weekend for Matthew's side of the family. He and I are driving his mom to Charlotte to fly to Florida this evening. Our little niece Hannah is turning 1 on Sunday, and Ruth Ann is flying down for all the festivities!! I so wish I could go too, but I trust Lori to update us with a weekend's worth of blog posts after the excitement dies down next week. Thankfully, we'll all be together for Christmas. Can't wait to take a photo of Philip and Hannah standing beside each other this time around!! This is how Philip manages to stand these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, It's aunt Cindy, I just want to tell you how very proud I am of you for being such a support to your mom. I think she needs you more now than ever before. I truly believer God is seeing Patty through all these valleys and a beautiful mountain is ahead. I wish I could be there also, but since I can"t I am trusting in you to give her lots of love for me.Love to you, Matthew and Philip,Aunt Cindy