Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Visiting Uncle Mike



Philip with Uncle Mike and his dog Sam

Standing at Uncle Mike's window

Last Friday, Matthew, Ruth Ann, Philip and I drove to Charlotte through a torrential downpour trying to make sure Ruth Ann caught her flight to Ft. Myers, FL for our niece Hannah's first birthday. After leaving her safely and on time at the airport, we continued on toward my brother Mike's house in Rock Hill. It was a nice chance to visit Mike and his wife Andrea plus I was to attend the Auxiliary (wives of Gideons) Faith Fund Luncheon at the Rock Hill Holiday Inn. Both the visit and the luncheon were very enjoyable. It's great seeing my little brother doing so good in life... wonderful marriage, great home and job, attending a little country church, and really a grown-up!! I look forward to watching Philip play with Mike and Andrea's children a few years down the road. In the meantime, he has his "brothers" Griffin and Samson to play with! People ask if having ferrets and a baby is difficult. My answer is that is hasn't been so far. When we first brought Philip home, we had three ferrets, Merlin, Griffin and Samson. They weren't a problem because they stayed in their cage 90% of the time. Sadly, we lost Merlin on Sept. 5 to tumors. It was a sad day, but I was glad Philip was too small to know the difference. These days Samson and Griffin run through the house a little each day, usually after Philip has gone to bed. I do let them out during the day, but now Philip is old enough that he is probably more of a threat to them than they are to him. I still watch very carefully if they are together as Philip grabs a tuft of fur and pulls if he gets his baby hands on them. They've never bit anyone, but Philip won't be the first if I can help it!!


Philip and his ferret brothers

No comments: