Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Poor Baby Philip

Yesterday, Philip was a little more cranky than normal. Today I found out why. He either has the flu which I had last week or he has an ear infection. This morning he got up and was more clingy than usual. He's normally jumping in his crib, but not today. Matthew said he felt warm when he hugged Philip goodbye. I took him temp after breakfast and it was 102.0F!! I had never seen him thermometer go that high. Well, I gave him a dose of Tylenol and we watched The Doodlebops on the couch. Philip fell asleep right on my lap (he is a very active boy normally) and I put him back in bed around 8:45am. I heard him waking up a little before 11:00am. Hesistantly, I took him temp again -- 102.3F. More Tylenol. I called his doctor, but the nurse told me just to keep giving him Tylenol and watch him overnight. Philip was just so lethargic through lunchtime; exactly how I felt last Wednesday when my temp was 102.4F. He would settle in with me on the couch and seemed ok as long as we remained still. Well at 12:20pm, I took his temp again and it was up to 103.0F. More Tylenol and we napped on the couch. He ate some peaches and vegetable soup at 3:00pm before going back to bed. At 4:30pm, his temp was 103.6F and it made me scared. Again the nurse from his doctor's office said just to keep giving him Tylenol and try a tepid bath to bring the fever down. They said 103.6F was not that bad yet. Try telling that to a first time mom who's baby is miserable and not acting like himself at all. Well, Philip went to bed with a temp of 103.2F so it's coming down a little. I pray he will be getting better tomorrow and that we all sleep well tonight. He has an appointment at 8:20am tomorrow so we'll find out what's causing the fever.

2 comments:

Casey Wallace said...

Poor thing. Look at that little sad face. I hope you feel better soon, Philip! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Please feel better soon, Philip. We've been through the same thing down here and it's no fun!