Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mom gets her life back!

My mom is starting to get out and about a little more each week. She and Dad have been to church the last two weeks which I am so glad about because I know they will be blessed for doing so. Mom receives so many hugs from her church friends and everyone says they are surprised at how great she looks. I keep telling her that myself, but it's nice to hear it from others as well. She also accompanied me to our church's ladies dinner last Thursday. I was so proud of her for coming. I had asked her about it the week prior and she said she wasn't sure if she felt like she could sit through the two hour event. Next I asked my neighbor instead. I was really looking forward to having Rosalind join me, but unfortunately she got sick the night before the dinner. I called five friends on Thursday trying to find someone to use my extra ticket. No takers. Matthew suggested I try calling my mom again. I did at 4:20pm. The event began at 6:30pm! Those that know me and my mom know quickness is not our strongpoint! However, the Lord worked even there and she was ready by 6:05pm. We had a great time together and stayed for the entire dinner and dramatist.

Also, Mom has begun painting handmade wooden trays and birdhouses for her friend Becky (one of my mother-in-law Ruth Ann's closest friends). Becky's husband Gary makes the items and Becky will be selling them in her soon-to-open store, The Brown Oaks. I thank the Lord that He brought Mom and Becky together so that Mom could have these small painting projects with which to fill her days. It's also a small amount of money which helps as Dad's job is strictly commission. God is also watching over Dad these days as he has sold three $200,000 RVs recently (good commission!!).

Mom and Dad will meet with her surgeon on April 13. They will discuss her recover and a date for her second surgery. She hopes it will be around mid-May. We covet your continued prayers.

3 comments:

Casey Wallace said...

So good to hear! Good for her.

Anonymous said...

Great news. Not a day goes by that I don't pray for all of y'all.

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully Blessed News! I'm so happy to hear of her decision and by God's grace she will continue to blossom with strength each day. I'm so grateful for her friends, church family and immediate family, especially adorable Philip that makes her glow all over! Better days ahead for our Patti. Praise God. With Love, Valerie