Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Low-key Re-cap

Thought I'd give an overview of what's been going on. This shall be "low-key" as today I've come down with the flu! Yuck! Thankfully, my friend and Bible study leader is a nurse and she said children under 3 rarely contract the flu! Please, Lord, don't let little Philip feel like this (or his Daddy for that matter).

Anyway, last Thursday Matthew and I had a mid-day date with lunch at The Wild Wing Cafe. It was my first visit and I'd say 4 out of 5 stars! They have 30+ flavors of wings and I recommend the Wild Wasabi Plum -- little spicy, but little fruity too. After he went back to work, I headed over to The Heights at Converse Salon and Spa. On our honeymoon, Matthew and I had one-hour massages (thanks to gift certificates from coworkers), and I've been hinting about wanting one again ever since. My loving hubby gave me a gift certificate for Christmas so I was finally redeeming it. Well, I was so excited to get there, but unfortunately the masseuse and I talked through the entire hour!! I don't even remember her touching my feet which is the best part although I know she did. She was a very friendly woman in her late 40's who had just become a Christian three years ago. We had a really wonderful conversation and it would have been a great time over lunch, but Matthew didn't spend his hard-earned money for me to make a new friend. After I got redressed, she said, "If you come back I don't have to talk the whole time, if you'd rather." Maybe I'll take her up on that. Unfortunately, I felt really sore the next day.

Saturday night, Matthew and I finally went out for our normal Valentine's dinner and a movie. Again, my sweet hubby planned ahead and redeemed some of our Discover cash back points for a Red Lobster gift card. Dinner was great. I ordered the Ultimate Feast so I could have a lobster tail. I didn't want to waste money again (i.e. massage) so I was ordering my favorite on the menu. We next headed to the movies where we saw "Firewall" starring Harrison Ford. Any "24" watchers should definitely see it. It was surprisingly good although my sin nature reared its ugly head. I leaned over to Matthew halfway through it and said, "That guy better die before the movie's over." How awful and desensitized we are within the walls of the cinema. Grandma Ruth Ann and Philip had a fun night together too while we were out.

This week has been a little hectic as I'm planning an out-of-town weekend trip for my 9th grade Sunday School girls. They won a youth-wide attendance challenge back in November which awarded them a weekend in Gatlinburg, TN. I booked a cabin on Monday and now am still trying to nail down transportation and if another adult should go. Currently Stacie, my co-teacher who's 25, and I are taking 9 girls. At least I think that's how many are going. I sent a letter home to their parents on Tuesday saying please let me know by this Friday if your daughter is or is not going as I need to purchase tickets for the dinner theatre. I'm praying that I'll hear back from them. My hat is off to youth ministers, school trip coordinators, etc. because I am not a detail person. I'll definitely blog about that trip. Let's just pray I get over the flu first!! With that, I'm going to bed.

4 comments:

Len and Carrie said...

I love going to get massages! I usually go once a month for "Mommy's Spa Day Out"! Len had his first one a few weeks ago (redeeming his Valentine's gift from all of his girls) and he absolutely loved it. I'm not sure which one you had, but it sounds as if you had a deep-tissue if you were sore the next day. Next time ask for the therapeutic massage.

The flu....YUK...you poor thing!! I hope you are feeling better soon. Be sure to drinks lots of fluids!

Sending our love!!
~Carrie & The Gang~

Len and Carrie said...

Good luck planning your trip, it sounds like you have everything covered! I am terrible at that stuff because I teed to be too detailed. I would be reserving parking spaces, lol!! Girls that age don't usually need to be entertained too much. Have fun!!

Lori said...

Feel better, and Iwill be praying for your trip.

Casey Wallace said...

I'm sorry you have the flu, Kim! I hope you feel better fast. Glad you and Matthew had fun on your Valentine's Date.