Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter Sunday

This Easter I unfortunately did not take much time prior to Sunday to reflect on all Christ has done for me through His life, death and resurrection. Our Sunday morning service was very good and four men from the choir sang, "Arise, My Love" which always touches my heart and makes me want to worship our Lord that much more. However, I did relish seeing Easter through Philip's eyes this year. I love asking him what he learns in Sunday School because it excites me to see a toddler become so excited to learn about Jesus. Last Sunday (Palm Sunday), his answer was, with a bright smile and sparkling eyes, "Jesus is coming. Yeah!" He even knew that Jesus rode down the road on a donkey.






On Easter morning, we got him up to show him what we had given him for Easter. A basket of chocolate candies and his own Bible to begin carrying to church. Before letting him have any candy, we read with him from his Bible the pages about the crucifixion and resurrection.
He then got to eat some candy before getting ready for church.






After church, we met Ruth Ann, Elise, Arden, Grandma Brooks, and my parents at Ruth Ann's house for lunch. It was a nice time together. We told Philip to show everyone what he had gotten for Easter (his Bible) and he was excited to turn to the page that showed "Jesus on the cross. He's hurt." My dad then turned the page to the picture of the women looking into the empty tomb and asked Philip where Jesus was. Philip said very happily, "He's not there. Jesus is alive!" Oh, how I long for Philip to always hold these truths in his heart and to remain just as excited as he is this year.


Lunch was very yummy and then we headed outside for Philip to find the eggs Matthew had hidden around his mom's yard.


Silly Daddy! Matthew hid this egg up in a tree but at least he helped Philip get it down.




All smiles after finding all the eggs.


Sharing a moment with "Grandma Mary".



Matthew and I are blessed to have both our parents living in town with us. Special events are pretty easy to plan as his mom and my parents live on the same street.


After going with Matthew to the hospital for his Deacon visitation duty, all three of us took late afternoon naps. We ate dinner and then Philip and I dyed Easter eggs. I loved doing this growing up and thought why not try it with him. He only broke one egg by shoving it down into a glass of dye which already had another egg in it!

Philip really thought the whole process was quite entertaining. He's in a very independent stage and didn't want my help much at all. If left on his own, he probably would have dunked each egg in all six colors! He didn't seem impressed when I showed him how to dye an egg two different colors by holding it in half way.

Philip did however really like coloring on the eggs with this little marker and stencil kit I had from years ago.

The marker caps proved to be fun all on their own!

No comments: