Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Week 37 OB check-up

I just returned from my OB check-up today and am excited to say my doctor told us my cervix is 1 centimeter dilated! These contractions I'm feeling here and there are doing their job. I did test positive for Group B Strep as I did last time with Philip. It only means I will be given antibiotics during labor to protect the baby from any infection. I would almost rather get the medicine either way because how do they know my body wouldn't pick up Group B Strep (a bacteria found naturally on some foods) in the next two weeks anyway.

If God lets me go into labor naturally within the week, it would be a big blessing. My dad is flying to Maine next Wednesday to visit with his family for 6 days (flying home on Monday). His mom, stepfather, brother and sister and their families live there. My grandma has been showing signs of dementia and my grandpa is in the second stage of Alzheimer's so Dad was wanting to visit with them soon. It became more important to go after my grandma had a stroke last week. Thank you for praying for my dad to have a safe trip.


If our daughter is born before he leaves, while he's gone or after he returns, we'll all be so excited to meet her and I know her Papa will love her just as much as he loves Philip. Looking forward to finally telling everyone her name too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, glad y'all had a nice anniversary celebration. I can't believe that Baby Girl Brooks is almost here! Praying that things go well!

Lori said...

Happy anniversary!!! Much belated I know! Glad your appointment went well. I can't believe that Baby Girl will be here within the next three weeks. Hooray!!! I can't wait to hear her name. Any thoughts on how big she is?

Kim said...

I will be having an ultrasound next Wednesday and hopefully get a weight estimate. I'll have to have a running guestimate list like you did for Madeline!