Thursday, April 12, 2007

Week 36 OB Check-up

Matthew, Philip and I went to "baby sister's doctor" as Philip calls it for my 36 week check-up yesterday. Everything's still on track however I asked for the doctor to examine me to see if there were any changes internally. It was on my mind because Monday evening I thought I was really in labor. Between 4:30pm and 7:00pm, I think I had about 7 or 8 contractions. Nothing too constant but enough to get my attention, finally get my hospital bag packed and for Matthew to put the bassinet together. (Yes, the infant car seat is still in the attic!)

Well, Dr. Hendrix said my cervix is about 80% effaced but not dialated at all yet. To me that sounds like if I start doing jumping jacks every day my water might break and this little girl would be on her way out! I am feeling pretty lousy (I don't take this child for granted one bit!) and not sleeping well at night. Some moments I'm ready for her arrival but others I get nervous about the delivery as well as just want her to get as strong as she can before entering this world. I'm thinking she's probably 6.5 or 7.0 lbs by now as she was almost 5 lbs a month ago. I tell her when I get nervous, "Baby girl, God knows your birthday. I'll see you then." It is hard to believe that no matter the day, she will be arriving sometime in the next 3-4 weeks! Just the way my body feels right now, I'm thinking maybe within the next 2 weeks but we'll see.

No comments: