Monday, April 16, 2007

Happy Anniversary, Sweetie!

Sunday, Matthew and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. We actually celebrated on Saturday as Sundays are always busy. We had made plans to have Philip spend the night with Mollie and Michael so we could have a fun date night out. Not until around 3:00pm Saturday afternoon did I find out that it was Prom Night meaning all the "nice" restaurants would be packed. Actually it worked out rather well.


We first headed to Mollie's house to drop off Philip's stuff for his "sleepover". I was actually nervous (partly hormonal from the pregnancy) leaving him there as he's my baby and he has only spent 1 or 2 nights away from both Matthew and I. (We found out Sunday morning that he had a great time!) All five of us then drove to the church to attend a reception in honor of a possible new Minister of Music (also found out Sunday morning that he was voted in unanymously so our church staff is again complete - no interims! Praise The Lord!).


Anyway, back to our date... after stopping at City Range and being told the wait was an hour and 15 minutes, Matthew and I began thinking of other places. We agreed upon Ryan's as the dessert bar totally held my vote! There was no wait and I could choose anything (and almost everything) from the buffet to get (I've not had any specific cravings just lots of different things so it was perfect). After eating our full, we continued our date at Target despite a torrential downpour. We purchased a few more things for the baby, a few things for Philip and a new book for Matthew.


Finally home and a flashback to two and a half years ago... no little person to bathe, settle into bed and await calling our names in the morning. I still awoke at 7:15am even though the alarm would not go off until 7:45am. I enjoyed my morning watching the morning news instead of Thomas the Tank Engine and Matthew prepared a great omelette breakfast for us before church.


Matthew, you are the man I was waiting for. Not perfect (sorry, sweetie, nobody is), but definitely perfectly picked out by God for me. We've had a wonderful seven years together and I'm excited to see how our lives get even better with the upcoming addition of our daughter. Seeing you hold Madeline makes me excited that much more to see you with our own little girl. Philip and I both adore you and she will too!


Matthew holding his niece Madeline. (Click here to see more photos from our weekend with Jonathan, Lori, Hannah and Madeline.)

2 comments:

Len and Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Len and Carrie said...

Happy Anniversary you two!!

Love,
~The Bowers~