Sunday, January 15, 2006

Complication and Setback

We were hoping that Mom would come home from the hospital today however there has been a set back. Her bladder catheter was removed on Friday afternoon. Dad said she did urinate twice that afternoon. On Saturday, they were told she might be going home today (Sunday). Yesterday she was feeling great during the day, but then during the evening and throughout last night, she began to have pain. The doctor realized from her chart that she was not urinating enough and that bladder pressure was what was causing her the pain. She was given a catheter to drain her bladder; Dad said they were told normally a bladder has about 100 cubic centimeters of urine in it, and Mom's was up to 1400 cubic cm. I have always heard of others being in the hospital and usually there are complications involved. It's just a lot harder to take when it's your own Mommy. Please pray for my Dad also as this is stretching him emotionally. I told him that once Mom is at home, he is welcome to come to my house and sleep for 12 hours straight while my grandparents and I tend to Mom's needs. God will see us through this. Mom keeps asking us to remind her that "This too shall pass" and I benefit in hearing that just as much as she does.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Thank goodness the complications happened while she is in the hospital,and not after she was home. We are praying for your mom.

Anonymous said...

Please tell Patty that we are praying for her and we had prayer for her in our sunday school class this morning. I believe God is going to see her through this. Tell her I love her and Matti cannot wait to see her.