Thursday, January 19, 2006

New Developments

I've got one for Mom and one for Philip. We'll start with Mom -- her NG tube is out! Thank you, Lord! The nurse took it out this morning around 7:30am and she's feeling MUCH better. She is still very homesick, but in better spirits. Thank you for your prayers. She has again begun drinking liquids and eating jello. Hopefully, the catheter will come out tomorrow without a hitch and she'll be going home Saturday or Sunday. We're in the homestretch!

Now for Philip. I'm excited about my baby growing up, but this development might prove to be a struggle. He finally has learned to pull up to his feet in his crib. I was overjoyed to find him standing after his morning nap on Tuesday. Wednesday morning and today were also fun to see him beaming at how proud he was of himself. The difficulty came this afternoon when I tried to lay him down for a much overdue nap (that was probably half the problem). Up he shot right away to begin his laps around the crib. I told Mom while visiting her this afternoon that she and Philip are both excited to be walking laps these days (her's are around the hospital nurses' station to gain strength). I thought I would let him burn off some energy, but after a few minutes he began to get whiny. I laid him down, but he popped back up. This time he was full-force crying. After 10 minutes, I went in and laid him down again. Guess he was done with laps for the time being as he settled down with Lamby and blanket. We'll see what tomorrow brings... such is the life of a mother.

This crib toy is sound-activated to soothe a crying baby or touch activated (music starts when the pink musical note is pressed) and is usually Philip's first target when he gets to his feet. Not sure if it should go or not. Guess it will signal he's up if we hear music playing in the middle of the night!

No comments: