Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Nana's Little P.T.

My mom nicknamed Philip her little P.T. for Priceless Treasure. It became a joke because Dad said that when he began cruising (walking around while holding on to things), he would be P.T. Cruiser. I praise God that she enjoyed his birth and first 7 months without knowing she was sick and that he has been a joy to her during the sickness. He has definitely been my light these last few days. He's had major milestones recently. During our visit with uncle Jonathan, aunt Lori and cousin Hannah, I was inspired how Hannah's menu included all sorts of things. Well, Philip was still eating only foods from the B.B.F.F. or store-bought jars. That changed when we attended Matthew's friend Paul's wedding (see Lori's blog for photos). I had brought a jar of food but couldn't find a microwave at the reception. Philip wanted nothing to do with that jar and I couldn't blame him. From there, we tried the reception food. He nibbled on pieces of fruit, cheese and even enjoyed mini-quiche!! That decided it... Philip would start eating what we ate! The second big hurdle was whole milk. My goal was to breastfeed him for a year, and that year has come and almost gone. With his birthday on January 22, it was the time to try switching him to cow milk. I had heard stories of other kids refusing to drink whole milk and was not sure what to expect from Philip. However, he LOVES it! Or at least didn't think twice about there being a difference. I began giving it to him in a bottle which he thinks is a big treat as it doesn't drip as bad as his sippy cups (less choking!), but he will take it from a sippy cuy as well. Praise the Lord and good riddens, pump (nursing moms know what I mean!).






Philip enjoys a meal of green beans and yams.












Philip drinking whole milk and watching a DVD while mounted on his faithful steed.

No comments: