Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Visit with Mom

Dad called me this morning and said that Mom had been really depressed last night and this morning. He thought a visit from me and Philip might cheer her up. I was glad he wanted us to come but a little hesitant too as I wasn't sure what to expect. We got there at 10:15am and Dad had said just to wait in the room as she was having a second CAT scan this morning. Philip and I played with his trucks, looked out the windows and explored Mom's hospital room. They got back a little after 11:00am. Mom, Philip and I all did really well without any crying. I did hold Philip close to Mom and he was quite curious about her tube and orange tape on her nose. We had a nice visit, trying to tell Mom and Dad what we'd been doing out in the world and not letting Mom talk much as it makes her throat extra dry with that tube in it. I brought her an index card on which I wrote: "This too shall pass" or "These tubes shall pass". Dad puttied it to the rail of her bed. The surgeon told them that her intestine is still paritally blocked. Please pray that the intestine will naturally clear itself out, that the NG tube can be removed tomorrow (it is not being used at all right now; correction -- it's not a feeding tube; she was to be given nutrients via IV), and that the Lord will bless Mom with a better outlook as she has gotten very depressed. We pray that the tube will come out tomorrow, the catheter on Friday, her bladder works properly, and she comes home on Saturday. That evening Philip gets a cupcake all of his own to celebrate his 1st birthday. His birthday is Sunday, but we wanted to have a mini-celebration while my grandparents are here. Remember them in your prayers also as they are quite worn out driving back and forth to the hospital each day and are anticipating their 7 hour drive home on Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm continuing to pray for your family!