Saturday, January 21, 2006

Philip's 1st Birthday Party

Philip's birthday is actually tomorrow, January 22, however since we originally thought my grandparents would be driving home tomorrow, his party was planned for this afternoon. It was a doubly special day as Mom came home from the hospital this morning so we were finally all together at their house. Mom is doing very well, and loves her new recliner. My Grandma's sister Pearl gave her and Grandpa a good bit of money to help with their traveling expenses. My grandparents felt like they shouldn't accept it, but her sister said they could do with it as they pleased. Grandma asked if buying Mom a recliner would be alright and Great Aunt Pearl said yes, that would be fine. Last Friday (as we thought Mom would be out on Monday), Grandma, Grandpa, Philip and I went furniture shopping. Mom was thrilled to see it when she got back to the house as we had all kept it a surprise. She said sitting in it today was the most comfortable she has been in two weeks. Mom loved having everyone (Dad, her parents, me, Matthew, Philip, my brother Mike, his wife Andrea and my mother-in-law Ruth Ann) with her this evening, however laughing at Philip made her stomach hurt. Here's a little overview.


I made cupcakes for all of us. Andrea and I decorated them. She put icing "P"'s on them for Philip and I added the sprinkles.






Philip with his Uncle Mike and Aunt Andrea.




Philip with Mom's parents, Great Grandma & Grandpa Diemer (he really does love them!)





I made Philip a cake all of his own. He had a slow start, but soon it was going...





going...




gone! He ate the WHOLE thing. I was scared he might get sick later that night, but thankfully he never did.


The boy even had room to fit in a few bites from Grandma's slice of pizza. We'll see if his pediatrician still says he's small for his age at his 12 months check-up next week!


After the birthday cake and pizza, Philip needed to walk off a few calories! He's a boy on the go these days. Still can't walk without holding on to something, but as long as there are walls, tables or his push toys around, you better watch out!


It was a great party especially for Mom who was thrilled to be in her own home. Laughter is good medicine, but her stomach did hurt a little from it. I think she would say watching Philip enjoy his birthday party was worth it. I love you Mom and am so glad you are getting better.

No comments: