Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Great News!

No surgery! Mom's surgeon Dr. Dunn (wonderful Christian man) was happy to see fluid and paste building up in her bag today. That tells him the blockage is considerably less than it was yesterday. Her nurse, Daniela, was putting this white dye into her stomach via the tube. It should circulate through her body within 45 minutes meaning they should see it in the bag. Also, Mom will be having a CAT scan this afternoon which will give them a 3-D view of her intestines so Dr. Dunn can make an education decision as to what comes next. Thank you Jesus for answering my prayers and those of our family and friends!! Dad also thought it best for me not to come visit today as Mom said she would probably get emotional if I were there. He doesn't want her to cry with the tube. I'm going over to their house now to spend time with my grandparents before they go to the hospital this afternoon.

3 comments:

Contentment Acres said...

We are rejoicing with you that your mother does not need surgery. We will add her and your family to our family's prayer journal. May God continue to bless your beautiful family. Tell your Mom a Christian family near Williamsburg, VA is praying for her.

Lori said...

Glad to hear things are looking up. Keep us posted, and give your mom our love!

Alison said...

Kim,
I am so glad to hear that your mom will not need another surgery! I have been checking daily for updates. Please let her know that we are thinking about and praying for her and the rest of your family! It is my prayer that you feel God's loving arms aroung you during this time. Please tell her Drew and Mikayla miss her and they say hello. Please let me know if there is anything we can do!
Alison