Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Update on Mom

Well, things are looking a little better and worse at the same time. Mom is still dealing with the tube in her nose and throat. She says it doesn't hurt but is just very uncomfortable. She also is worried about me coming to visit her today because she doesn't want to scare me by how she looks. Please pray for me to have strength when I go and to be an encouragement to her. The good news is that there is fluid flowing to her ileostomy bag meaning her intestines are not entirely closed off as they thought yesterday. Walking and using this feeding tube seem to be helping. I ask that you pray God will be merciful in not allowing any other side effects to surface. This past Sunday night, our pastor Hank preached about God's will and there being no more secure place to be than in the middle of it. It's just scary when God's will for you is to pass through such a dark place in life. I pray His will includes Mom's getting better very soon and coming home. She was having an x-ray this morning which will tell us for sure whether or not she will need surgery today for the intestine fold.

1 comment:

Tiffany Burns said...

Kim,
Thanks for leaving me a message so that I could get to your blog. I just read a few post of yours and how beautiful......
I mean, I can't imagine what life has been like for you over the past months with all your mom has been going through and with a 1 year old. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Tiffany